Photographers, whether you’re amateurs or experts, dazzle us with your creative photos using toys as the principal subject matter in our Toy Photography Contest. The contest theme is Amazing Adventures. We will choose winners for the following divisions: Kindergarten-2nd grade, 3rd-4th grade, 5th-6th grade, 7th-8th grade, and 9th grade-adult. Entries must be submitted by May 26, 2022, by 9:00 p.m. Entries will be judged by a panel of staff and photography experts, and winners will be announced on June 4, 2022.
- Using toys of any sort—action figures, dolls, plush toys, building toys (like LEGO®, Tinkertoy®, Lincoln Logs®), plastic animals/dinosaurs, boardgames, or other toys—create a scene, a symbolic image, or a visually intriguing photograph. Be creative: this contest is about using your imagination, not about creating a product photo for a catalog.
- Each entrant is limited to one entry for this contest.
- Your entry must be your own original creation, not a reproduction or a recreation of an image found online, in a book, or in a magazine.
- Your entry must be a still photograph (i.e., not animated or video).
- Your entry must be submitted in jpg/jpeg, gif, or png format and be no more than 5 MB in file size.
- Submit your entry as an email attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the body of your email with your attached entry, include the following information:
- Participant name
- Grade/adult division
- Photograph title
- Artist statement (An artist statement is a brief description, approximately one paragraph, of what you created and why you made it. You might talk about what inspired you, how you made your image, or what the viewer should know to better understand your photograph.)
- Entries will be judged on creativity, technical quality, and representing the Amazing Adventures theme.
- The deadline for entries is May 26, 2022, by 9:00 p.m.
- Submitting to this contest includes granting permission for your photograph and name to be displayed on the library web site and social media.
- Keep your image appropriate for a general audience. The library reserves the right to disqualify any entries that depict graphic content at our discretion.
- Winners will be announced on June 4, 2022. Winning photos will be displayed on the CPL web site.